Thursday, May 20, 2010

i find that when i first started blogging about my life in korea i had a lot more to say. a lot more things were happening and everything felt new. the lack of updates shows the steady routine of my days. except for the array of new people that i have just met everything else is the same. of course there are things that i wouldn't blog about that happens but for the most part things are good. i think it happens once a year around summer when i start to get anxious about going home and so i get more tired of living my routine life without my friends from home. there are plenty of cool people here, but needless to say it's still very different from being in the comfort of your own home, laughing with company that you've spent so many years building relationships with. it's that time of year again when the homesickness starts to eat away at me. i can't seem to find enough things to keep myself distracted. sure there are the crazy parties, loud bars, and endless amounts of booze but i'd like just having a fun night going bowling and playing DDR at the bowling alley. or even just dinner and arcade games at dave and busters. of course i have lots of complaints around this time, and i never talk about the good parts of my life maybe i'll include some balance.

i have cool coworkers, awesome students, a sweet and understanding (for the most part) boyfriend that loves me and all my crazy psychotic breaks. i have a steady job, a nice apartment that overlooks most of the city, no debt, and lots of money put away. sure that sounds more like maybe someone in their thirties but often i forget that i am no longer in school, i'm not 21 anymore, and a lot of people are starting to get their lives sorted. it's not like the times when renting a cabin with 20 people and playing taboo, pictionary, and guesstures all night was something we did regularly. life is more serious now, people are getting married or engaged left and right. people are in medical school working to become doctors! sigh...i'm learning to grow up day by day.

2 comments:

Lily M Chan said...

I've felt exactly the same since moving out to Georgia with Frank. And although Georgia's still in the states and I've grown somewhat accustomed to it over the years, the distance from the original "home" and the people closest to my heart is still enough to make me feel like I'm here temporarily. Although living here for what will probably be 4 years (if not more depending on Frank) is a long time to not establish it as even semi-permanent. It's weird.

Angelina said...

bowling and ddr!! lol just watch our videos on fb.