Thursday, January 3, 2008

my first week

i actually found teaching to be quite enjoyable. i'm sure some of the kids hate me since i make them say the same words over and over and over and over again until it's lost all meaning and sounds but in the end they will thank me because they won't sound like fobs when they talk. actually it's kind of fun because i'm trying to think of all the words that i hate when fobs say it and i'm correcting them so that these kids will never sound like they lived in another country. they won't have a weird accent or anything. my reading classes are amazing. they're such smart and cute kids. i have a lot of fun with the beginners too. they're very tiny and they don't understand half of what i say. i tried to make it fun for them though with various ways. sometimes the principal comes over because we're always giggling in class. my kids love to giggle. i have no idea why! i'm not that funny :P however i do like to do stupid stuff to make them laugh. it really is just trying to find the most creative way for them to learn while still enjoying their hour or hour and a half they are required to stay with me.

all in all i think it was a great first week. my last class today was a bit on the bad side but they were ok. they didn't understand as much as my others and they aren't beginner beginners. there is one boy in my science class. omg he's the cutest little boy i've ever seen!!! when he wears his vest he hides half his face in it. he's smaller than everyone else and oh so cute. there's actually another little boy in my first beginner class that is adorable too. i just want to pinch his cheeks and make him laugh. haha i guess i never thought i would enjoy it as much as i do. hopefully next week will go just as well as this week went. we'll have to see though.

i got a cell phone today. i put the number up on the side contact info. maybe in time i can get some pictures of my class up.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Dude. Off you go changing to the name of your blog so I've go to go edit my linkage. I mean, geez.

Christine said...

sorry :) and YOU SAY DUDE TOO!!! coworkers were bugging me about saying dude :'( i said what do you want from me? i'm from california :P

cpp11187 said...

hahahah, lol, @ "i just want to pinch his cheeks", lol. that's cool that ur enjoying teaching them, lol, the way u describe the students sounds like your talking about like puppies(cuz u keep on saying cute and stuff like that), lol, hahahah, l8rz

Anonymous said...

Hey Christine! I just read all your blogs. Seeing your pictures makes me miss Seoul...and traveling...even though I'm currently in San Diego :) Are you planning on going back to Seoul or Busan? It looks like you're having fun and over the homesickness? (Again- I meant to facebook you earlier to see how you were doing because I remembered how hard it was...Sorry!) I'm glad your classes are going well and that your kids are cute. Remember this when you really get to know them and they turn out to be terrors. And yay for not talking like fobs? :)

Christina

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot- boo to no hot Korean guys!

Christina