Monday, August 27, 2012

Total Body Cleanse: Day 5

Getting through this by modifying a little bit and giving myself a little more time to ease into it. It's day 5. I know it's supposed to be only fruits and veggies but because I like to work out and I just started work, I have to include almonds, egg whites and boiled chicken breast in the first week. Next week I will weed those out one by one and then go liquid for 3 days, back onto solid raw foods and complete it by the end of September. It was really tough at first but it's getting better. My body is getting used to not having caffeine, dairy, alcohol and processed sugar. I went for a long bike ride yesterday and I felt fine. Except for the ridiculous hunger sometimes, I think all is well in body cleanse land.

First day back at work...I had my first class at 10 am this morning. I have an Advanced English Conversation class. It's my first time teaching them and there are two or three students older than me. It just means more extra prep on my part. I like the challenge...let's just see how well this might go.

My next class is at 4. I should be doing my lesson plans but I figure I'd have time to do that on Thursday ^^ Lots of trips to Seoul coming up because of the Superstar Halla event. They don't give us the full schedule ahead of time so everything is always last minute. Apparently we will be in Seoul at least 8 times this month...even on school days.  I also need to pack up my house and get ready to move. I really don't want to move because I'm lazy but sometimes in life you just gotta get things going.

my quote of the day: 
happiness is a journey, not a destination. 

for a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. at last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. this perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. happiness is the way, so treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. 
-souza

No comments: