Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No Worries

i'm sorry for worrying you guys lately with strange posts that have no real explanations except vague hints of what's happening here in Korea. some of you know the whole story, some of you know parts of it, and some of you can laugh with me about it when i finally come home. it's funny that i know when i come home, Korea will only be a year of my life that will be filed away in my memory bank. it will be just another few pages in my scrapbook. this blog will be evidence that life happened in korea, but it's such a short time that it's probably insignificant. i'll go back to waiting in line with my friends at best buy for stupid sales that probably aren't worth it. i'll go back to studying, the friends i've made here will be people i occasionally email with and maybe i'll come visit some time in the future. but it's hard when you're on opposite sides of the world, time differences, etc... i'm sure the same thoughts are going through their minds, when i get ready to leave they'll have to get used to life without me. it's funny how much things have changed already because of my existence. i brought about a change in terms of treating people by age, and how i speak to them. i see them all as my friends, but in korea, only people who are the same age are considered friends, everyone else is either a younger sister/brother, or older sister/brother. and they're going from zero english to not being afraid anymore. as much of a negative influence i can be sometimes, i brought about some positive changes as well. hopefully in the future they won't feel threatened by foreigners.

my friends! don't worry about me, i'm ok. :) it's already may, i have a concert coming up at the end of this month, and then it will already be june!. that will mean i'll have reached my half way mark!!! whooott!! then i'll be 6 months away from coming home.

1 comment:

Christina said...

This post made me feel much better. I'm glad to hear you're okay.

You're nearly always in my thoughts. Take care of yourself.